Everyone is talking about workplace culture. Why? Because research overwhelmingly shows that companies that invest in building a great culture yield tangible business benefits. Research firms that designate top workplace awards say that top companies enjoy higher financial performance, significantly lower turnover, higher productivity, and better quality job applicants. In turn, many top companies attribute their success to their focus on building a distinct corporate culture. Here are just a few statistics:
- Effective culture can account for 20-30% of the differential in corporate performance when compared with “culturally unremarkable” competitors
- When considering annualized stock market returns, top companies perform nearly two times better than the general market
- Top workplaces experience as much as 65% less turnover
- There is a correlation between employees who say their organization has a “clearly articulated and lived culture” and those that say they are “happy at work” and “feel valued by their company”
About Talent understands why workplace culture is important to you. After all, our job is to manage your workforce and ensure that the talent acquisition process aligns with and champions your company culture. About Talent knows how to help you build a great place to work because we’ve done it ourselves. We have earned some of the most prestigious accolades for workplace culture and engagement. The case study provides details on how we accomplished it.
Our organization’s award-winning culture didn’t emerge overnight—it has been a 20 year journey of commitment, focus and abundant communication. Roth Companies opened its doors in 1994. With thousands of workforce solutions companies in the market, Ben Roth, our Founder and CEO, knew that we needed to offer something different and better. Our focus was not to be the biggest, but to only be the very best at what we do. And we were the best.
We empowered our coworkers to do good things for others and to always do the right thing. As a result, client demand increased daily and we grew fast. After our first five years, we were ranked by Inc. magazine as the fastest growing privately-held company in America; we remain the only workforce solutions company to have ever received the #1 spot. We also won numerous quality awards based on our alignment with the Malcolm Baldrige criteria.
During this unprecedented success, Roth Companies surveyed our coworkers to understand what they were most passionate about, what we could be the best in the world at, and what drives our economic engine. Based on their responses, Roth Companies created our Mission, Vision, Values, Purpose and Promise—providing our coworkers with a clear focus of our company direction. Through abundant communication of our MVVPP, our coworkers came together under these common philosophies.
Today, Roth Companies is recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the largest privately held firms in the U.S. in terms of revenue. Based on independent surveys of our coworkers, we received numerous top workplaces awards including “Achievers’ 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™”, Best in Biz “Best Place to Work” Award, and “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by SIA. Our clients are also raving fans and have helped us earn “Best of Staffing®‑Client Satisfaction” by Inavero and CareerBuilder. According to these research firms, companies recognized with these awards:
- Outperform other companies
- Receive seven times more candidates
- Focus on understanding their clients’ cultures
- Average an internal turnover about 10% lower than the industry average
- Place more importance on the quality of their clients’ candidate pools
- Clients say the positive attitude and drive is distinct
- A vendor that takes care of its workers bodes well for business
As a result, our business clients can take comfort in knowing you are partnering with a workforce solutions company that understands the importance culture—a company that will strengthen your culture and deliver quantifiable results.
Whether your company is just beginning to design a “great place to work” and requires support, or you have a well-established workplace culture and seeks a partner to cultivate your distinct ethos, About Talent has the experience, expertise and tools to build and champion your company’s culture. Contact About Talent to learn more.